Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Chris M. Blackshare
Chris Blackshare joined Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP as a reimbursement and finance analyst in 2017. In this role, Mr. Blackshare focuses on assisting attorneys to provide analytical support to clients participating in government reimbursement programs, such as the Medicaid disproportionate share hospital reimbursement, uncompensated care pools, and related audit activity. Working with data and financial reports from client and government sources, Mr. Blackshare assists clients with establishing eligibility to participate in and maintaining compliance with the various government reimbursement programs. Mr. Blackshare brings with him years of financial analysis experience in the pharma/biotech and private health insurance industries from his career prior to joining Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP.
Mr. Blackshare has:
- Analyzed the impact of changes in hospital charges and costs on Medicaid reimbursement.
- Performed strategic analysis of patient-level data in order to extrapolate information necessary for reporting.
- Handled analysis of and assisted with reporting of uninsured costs, state and local government program revenue, charity care and out-of-state Medicaid utilization for clients.
- Prepared audits for client and worked with the State and State contractors regarding the audit of supplemental payment programs.
- Texas State University, Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, 2009