Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Jacob A. Holt
Jacob A. Holt is an associate with Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP. Mr. Holt’s practice encompasses the representation of healthcare clients in both transactional and regulatory matters. Mr. Holt endeavors to provide legal counsel that is rooted in a knowledge of healthcare provider operations.
Mr. Holt’s professional interests include administrative law, healthcare policy, and the 340B drug discount program. His personal interests include literature, normative political theory, and Houston Astros baseball.
Since joining Gjerset & Lorenz as an associate in 2012, Mr. Holt has gained experience in a variety of healthcare matters:
- Mr. Holt undertook a thorough compliance review of outpatient pharmacy policies and practices at one of Texas’s largest urban public hospitals and its outpatient clinics, helping the hospital to streamline its day-to-day 340B pharmacy operations and demonstrate compliance in the event of a future audit.
- As part of the implementation of a public-private supplemental Medicaid collaborative, Mr. Holt worked closely with Louisiana state officials to develop and implement a private charitable program that allows low-income Louisiana residents to receive substance abuse clinical treatment and recovery support from vendors throughout the state. Mr. Holt addressed a variety of compliance and operational concerns facing the program throughout its implementation.
- Mr. Holt assisted a private non-profit hospital in creating a comprehensive system of healthcare benefits for low-income residents of the hospital’s central Texas community. This process involved reaching out to the community in order to build a network of local physicians and other providers, while simultaneously ensuring that the hospital’s relationships with providers were compliant with the Stark Law.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2012
- John W. Glynn, Jr. Law & Business Program
- Health Law Association
- Journal of Law and Politics, Editorial Board
- North Grounds Softball League
- Patrick Henry College, B.A. in Government, 2009
- Alexis de Tocqueville Society
- American Collegiate Moot Court Association
- Student Body Vice-President
- American Bar Association
- Health Law Section
- Young Lawyers Division