Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Jacob A. Holt
Jacob A. Holt is an associate with Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP. Mr. Holt’s practice encompasses the representation of healthcare clients in both transactional and regulatory matters. Mr. Holt endeavors to provide legal counsel that is rooted in a knowledge of healthcare provider operations.
Mr. Holt’s professional interests include administrative law, healthcare policy, and the 340B drug discount program. His personal interests include poetry, film, and Houston Astros baseball.
Since joining Gjerset & Lorenz as an associate in 2012, Mr. Holt has gained experience in a variety of healthcare matters, including:
- Reviewing 340B pharmacy operations and compliance at public and private hospitals;
- Advising public and private hospitals on Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital program participation in multiple states, providing reporting recommendations, and creating models for estimated program reimbursement;
- Analyzing changes in state and federal regulations in order to draft legal and business analyses regarding impacts for hospital operations and reimbursement;
- Conducting reviews of hospital charity care practices and providing tailored legal analyses and recommendations for optimizing hospital charity care policies within the parameters of federal and state law;
- Advising local governments and private hospitals regarding the implementation of local provider taxes and integration into the Medicaid reimbursement ecosystem;
- Drafting and reviewing physician employment agreements to ensure compliance with Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute requirements; and
- Working with many other aspects of hospital compliance and operations.
Mr. Holt has presented to groups of attorneys on the ethics of joint representations in healthcare business ventures and on privacy and security practices for patient health and financial information.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2012
- John W. Glynn, Jr. Law & Business Program
- Health Law Association
- Journal of Law and Politics, Editorial Board
- North Grounds Softball League
- Patrick Henry College, B.A. in Government, 2009
- Alexis de Tocqueville Society
- American Collegiate Moot Court Association
- Student Body Vice-President
- American Bar Association
- Health Law Section
- Young Lawyers Division
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Texas Health Lawyers Association