Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
James T. Lindsey
James Lindsey is a partner with Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP. Mr. Lindsey focuses his practice on assisting hospitals and other healthcare organizations on a variety of reimbursement matters, business transactions, state and federal regulatory matters, and corporate matters. His reimbursement experience is focused on advising hospitals with respect to Medicaid Waiver program payments, Uncompensated Care payments, Delivery System Reform Incentive Pool payments, disproportionate share hospital payments, graduate medical education payments, and other supplemental payment programs. His transactional experience includes drafting lease agreements, management agreements, asset purchase agreements, healthcare provider contracts, and corporate documents related to business acquisitions and the development of new hospital companies. He also advises healthcare entities in connection with the structuring and development of joint ventures and non-profit corporations. Additionally, his practice involves advising healthcare providers regarding compliance with the Stark law and federal and state anti-kickback laws, non-profit organization taxation matters, and other healthcare regulatory issues.
Before becoming an associate, Mr. Lindsey worked as a law clerk for Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Texas. Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Lindsey was a Senior Management Consultant for IBM Global Business Services.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2011; Dean’s Achievement Award for Academic Excellence
- Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business, B.S. in Supply Chain Management, magna cum laude, 2005
- Member, Austin Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Participant, University of Texas School of Law, Center for Law, Business & Economics Workshop