Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Lauren E. Palmarozzi
Lauren Palmarozzi joined Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP as an analyst in 2015. Ms. Palmarozzi specializes in providing hospital clients with analytical support for participating in Medicaid supplemental reimbursement programs, and assisting in the analysis of financial and statistical data necessary to comply with federal and state reporting requirements. Ms. Palmarozzi also has experience in providing cash flow management services for tax-exempt healthcare organizations providing indigent care services in their communities.
Ms. Palmarozzi has:
- Assessed statewide and hospital-specific Medicaid reimbursement limits, and analyzed the reimbursement impact to hospitals from Medicaid policy changes.
- Assisted hospitals in identifying and classifying the appropriate account-level and financial data necessary to comply with state and federal reporting requirements.
- Analyzed the impact of various hospital cost allocation methodologies on hospitals’ Medicaid reporting and reimbursement.
- Prepared Medicaid DSH applications, audits, and appeals for Texas, South Carolina, Kansas, and Tennessee hospitals, as well as Uncompensated Care Applications and Reconciliations in Texas.
- Performed analysis of hospitals’ allowable professional costs for potential reporting in the Texas Uncompensated Care Applications and Reconciliations.
- Assisted in the preparation of support for hospitals’ administrative appeals of payment or recoupment determinations to the Texas and South Carolina Medicaid agencies.
- Analyzed the feasibility and projected operations of local provider participation funds to finance hospitals’ supplemental Medicaid payments.
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., Economics (Finance minor), 2015