Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Matthew F. Briganti
Matt Briganti joined Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP in 2003. He has significant experience supporting attorneys and providing analytical services to clients participating in government reimbursement programs. Working with data and financial reports from client and government sources, Mr. Briganti assists clients with establishing eligibility to participate in and maintaining compliance with various government reimbursement programs, such as the Texas Medicaid DSH and 1115 Waiver. He has extensive knowledge and experience analyzing statewide reimbursement limitations in several states. He also provides crucial modeling for dividing and dispensing statewide DSH and Waiver funding. Mr. Briganti also provides cash flow management services for several tax exempt healthcare organizations.
Mr. Briganti has:
- Analyzed reimbursement impact of Medicaid policy changes resulting from regulatory and legislative proposals and quantify the hospital specific impact for all Medicaid hospitals.
- Assisted in filing Medicaid DSH appeals for clients.
- Analyzed the impact on reimbursement from the consolidation or deconsolidation of hospitals.
- Advised clients on properly providing patient level and financial data necessary to perform analyses related to reimbursement programs.
- Assessed aggregate Medicaid reimbursement caps at a statewide level.
- Calculated underpayments from commercial insurance providers to support litigation.
- Reviewed hospital cost reports to determine additional allowable costs to include in uncompensated care reporting.
- The University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Business Administration, 2003
- Board Member and Treasurer, English at Work, an Austin non-profit offering workplace classes in English as a second language to local workers