Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Renee N. Rayne
Renee Rayne is an associate with Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP. Ms. Rayne’s practice focuses on the representation of healthcare providers in regulatory and transactional matters. Ms. Rayne’s transactional experience includes drafting healthcare provider contracts and corporate documents associated with non-profit healthcare corporations. Ms. Rayne also advises clients on a variety of regulatory matters, including Medicaid Section 1115 Demonstration Waivers, Texas Delivery System Reform Incentive Pool participation, and other matters related to hospital reimbursement. Additionally, Ms. Rayne advises clients regarding compliance with the Stark law and federal and state anti-kickback laws, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, HIPAA, and other healthcare regulatory issues. Before becoming an associate, Ms. Rayne worked as a law clerk for Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP and interned with the Honorable E. Clifton Knowles, Magistrate Judge for the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee.
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2014
- Dean’s Achievement Award for Academic Excellence
- William Ellis Woods Endowed Presidential Scholarship
- Texas International Law Journal: Executive Editor, Vol. 49; Articles & Notes Editor, Vol. 48
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., cum laude, 2011
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Texas Star Bar – Health Law Section
- Member, Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Do U.S. Firms Need External Equity Investments to Remain Competitive?, 49 Tex. Int’l L.J. 559 (2014).