Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Rudy A. Perales
Rudy Perales joined Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP as an analyst in 2014. Mr. Perales focuses on assisting attorneys to provide analytical support to clients participating in government reimbursement programs and assistance in the analysis of financial and statistical data to support applications to participate in government reimbursement programs. He also provides assistance with the firm's Information Management System and IT support. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Perales provided support for Austin-area litigation firms with Data and Information Management Systems.
Mr. Perales has:
- Analyzed reimbursement impact of Medicaid policy changes resulting from regulatory and legislative proposals and quantify the hospital specific impact for all Medicaid hospitals.
- Assisted in filing Medicaid DSH appeals for clients.
- Assessed aggregate Medicaid reimbursement caps at a statewide level.
- Handled analysis of and assisted with reporting of uninsured costs, state and local government program revenue, charity care and out-of-state Medicaid utilization for clients.
- Analyzed statewide Medicaid inpatient claims data to quantify the reimbursement impact of inpatient reimbursement methodology changes.
- Texas State University at San Marcos, M.A., Public Administration, 2011
- Texas State University at San Marcos, B.S., 2006
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2004
- Head Coach for St. Michael's Catholic Academy Boy's Lacrosse
- Team Texas and ATX Youth Lacrosse Coach