Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Tony L. Bertodatto
Anthony Bertodatto has been with Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP since 2009. Mr. Bertodatto focuses on assisting attorneys to provide analytical support to clients participating in government reimbursement programs. Mr. Bertodatto also has a plethora of knowledge and experience related to the operation and management of non-profit corporations delivering charity care to under-served communities. As a result of his experience, Mr. Bertodatto has been able to successfully assist clients on financial operations matters and compliance related issues.
Mr. Bertodatto has:
- Assisted in the preparation of healthcare service contracts between community and non-profit clients serving indigent healthcare needs and community providers.
- Administered service contracts with healthcare providers, ensuring timely payment to providers and addressing any issues raised by providers.
- Handled analysis of and assisted with reporting of uninsured costs, state and local government program revenue, charity care and out-of-state Medicaid utilization for clients.
- Addressed issues related to federal and state tax return preparation, applications for tax-exempt status, and audits for charitable corporations providing community services to the poor.
- Helped tax-exempt corporations with maintaining corporate formalities and compliance with any state-specific requirements.
- Prepared audits for client and worked with the State and State contractors regarding the audit of supplemental payment programs.
- Analyzed statewide Medicaid inpatient claims data to quantify the reimbursement impact of inpatient reimbursement methodology changes.
- Assessed the impact to different hospital provider classes of alternative supplemental reimbursement allocation methodologies to support advocacy and compliance efforts.
- Analyzed the impact of proposed regulations regarding supplemental payment programs.
- Central Michigan University, Bachelor of Business Administration, 2008