Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Jaret L. Kanarek
Jaret Kanarek is an associate with Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP. Mr. Kanarek’s practice focuses on the representation of healthcare providers in transactional, reimbursement, and regulatory matters relating to Medicaid payment and financing programs in several states, including Texas, Arizona, and Louisiana. Mr. Kanarek assists providers to navigate the legal complexities of federal and state Medicaid programs, including the various direct and indirect compliance and reimbursement implications of programmatic developments. Specifically, Mr. Kanarek:
- Provided technical support in identifying and quantifying federal and state reimbursement limits and payment offsets that impact program structures and models for new payment vehicles.
- Provided financial analysis and modeling supporting the development of innovative Medicaid Managed care directed payment programs, including actuarial analysis needed to support statewide payment levels and comply with federal rate development requirements.
- Performed financial and legal analyses regarding issues related to reforms of statewide provider assessment design and implementation.
- Analyzed Medicaid payment and financing proposals to ensure that the approaches and methodologies comply with federal Medicaid payment and financing regulations.
- Advised hospitals related to their participation in the Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital program, including analysis and issues related to program qualification, compliance and audit reporting, and revenue projections.
- Assisted hospitals in the development and redesign of financial assistance policies in order to more accurately reflect hospital operations and comply with state and federal limitations resulting from changes to Section 1115 Waiver program methodologies.
- Provided ongoing analysis of legal and financial budgeting issues relating to hospital participating in Medicaid supplemental and managed care payment programs.
- Maintained and coordinates financing for the non-federal share of Medicaid managed care and Section 1115 Waiver payments, including during the transition of the non-federal share financing for the Section 1115 Waiver payment to regionwide structure.
- Assisted hospitals in Medicaid managed care contracting to effectuate payment arrangements intended to enhanced quality outcomes for Medicaid managed care enrollees.
- Advised hospitals relating to their participation in a delivery system reform payment program, implemented under a Section 1115 Waiver, intended to increase quality of and access to care.
- Assessed the regulatory and financial impact of changes in federal Medicaid laws and sub-regulatory guidance to various Medicaid payment and financing programs.
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Illinois Wesleyan University, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 2014
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Health Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Member, Texas Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Health Law Section of the Austin Bar Association