Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Madison T. Santana
Madison Santana is an associate with Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP. Ms. Santana’s practice focuses on assisting healthcare providers in transactional and regulatory compliance matters, with an emphasis on Medicaid reimbursement. Ms. Santana works with hospitals, administrative agencies, and industry stakeholders on a variety of Medicaid-related matters that include reimbursement program design and implementation, Medicaid managed care contract negotiations, and public-private partnerships between healthcare providers.
Before becoming an associate, Ms. Santana worked as a law clerk for Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP and interned with the Office of the Attorney General for the State of Alabama. As a student at Vanderbilt Law, Ms. Santana was an active member of the Vanderbilt Law Review, where she both was published and served as the Notes Development Editor in her final year. She also served as a student attorney in the law school’s Turner Family Community Enterprise Clinic, where she assisted local nonprofit organizations in transactional matters, including entity formation, risk management, and tax compliance.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2019
- Notes Development Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review, 2018-2019
- Member, Phi Delta Phi Honor Society
- Turner Family Community Enterprise Clinic, 2018-2019
- University of Alabama, B.S., magna cum laude, in Psychology, 2015
- University Honors College
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association (Hospitals and Health Systems Group)
- Texas Health Lawyers Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Trafficked in Texas: Combatting the Sex Trafficking Epidemic Through Prostitution Law and Sentencing Reform in the Lone Star State, 71 Vand. L. Rev. 1739 (2018)