Practice Areas » Print This Page
Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP is dedicated to the representation of healthcare providers. Founded in 1998, we represent a wide spectrum of providers, from some of the largest public, non-profit and investor-owned hospital systems in the country to individual providers. From our principal offices in Austin, Texas, we serve a diverse national client base of various types of healthcare providers.
Gjerset & Lorenz consults on a wide range of healthcare business and legal issues. Our attorneys have extensive experience in representing individual hospitals, hospital systems, physicians, and community health providers in regulatory and transactional matters, as well as dispute resolution in the public and private settings.
Our firm focuses on the deeply intertwined areas of healthcare compliance, reimbursement, and operations. In this broad and complex area, we work with clients to develop compliant strategies for achieving positive business outcomes. We assist hospital operators in projecting the financial impact of operational changes and educate them about the effect of new regulatory proposals.
Gjerset & Lorenz is one of the few boutique healthcare firms that focuses solely on healthcare law and, as a result, we provide a comprehensive approach that is unmatched in the health law field. Whether we are handling a straightforward legal question or designing a complex business solution, we balance our clients’ needs for effective strategy with the requirements of regulatory compliance to achieve optimal results. Gjerset & Lorenz emphasizes an individual approach to each client’s unique circumstance.
Our services include the following:
- Business Transactions - Gjerset & Lorenz provides operational, reimbursement, and transactional services to a broad range of healthcare clients. Our services include structuring and negotiating business transactions and assisting clients with reimbursement, physician contracting, licensing, and other regulatory issues affecting transactions.
- Provider Operations – Our attorneys serve in a wide variety of roles for different clients, from providing day-to-day general counsel advice to solving complex individual operational issues. Our services include drafting and negotiating contracts, developing policies and procedures that meet regulatory and business requirements and creating tax-exempt entities to more efficiently utilize community resources for the poor.
- Regulatory Compliance – We advise clients regarding local, state and federal laws and regulations with a particular focus on Medicare and Medicaid funding. We also help clients comply with anti-kickback laws, Joint Commission requirements, Stark law, antitrust laws and other requirements.
- Government Reimbursement – Our nationally-recognized professional team assists clients in analyzing complicated formulas underlying government reimbursement and making decisions within that framework to meet their business objectives.
- Administrative and Commercial Litigation – We help healthcare providers to efficiently utilize the dispute resolution process to realize the best long-term solution for their organization.
- Legislative and Regulatory Strategies – The firm assesses legislative and regulatory issues to help clients develop statewide initiatives for achieving business objectives. We also model financial impacts resulting from proposed changes so clients can proactively engage in the government process to effectuate the best outcome possible.