Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Chris M. Blackshare
Chris Blackshare joined Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP as a reimbursement and finance analyst in 2017. In this role, Mr. Blackshare focuses on assisting attorneys to provide analytical support to clients participating in government reimbursement programs, such as the Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital program, the Texas Uncompensated care program, the Texas Delivery System Reform Incentive Pool program, and related audit activity. Working with data and financial reports from client and governmental sources, Mr. Blackshare assists clients with establishing eligibility to participate in and maintaining compliance with the various government reimbursement programs. In addition, Mr. Blackshare analyzes collaborations between multiple hospital systems to support local initiatives that strategically address healthcare needs. Mr. Blackshare brings with him years of financial analysis experience in the pharma/biotech and private health insurance industries from his career prior to joining Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP.
Mr. Blackshare has:
- Analyzes the impact of operational changes on Medicaid reimbursement.
- Performs strategic analysis of patient-level data to extrapolate information necessary for self-reporting.
- Handles analysis of and assists with reporting of uninsured costs, state and local government program revenue, charity care and out-of-state Medicaid utilization for qualification and participation in Medicaid reimbursement programs.
- Prepares audits and works with the state regulatory agencies and state contractors regarding the audit of supplemental payment programs.
- Analyzes statewide Medicaid claims data to assess the reimbursement impact of changes in Medicaid utilization.
- Analyzes the impact on reimbursement from the consolidation or deconsolidation of hospitals.
- Facilitates coordination between hospitals and governmental entities applicable to their participation in reimbursement programs supported by intergovernmental transfers (IGTs).
- Texas State University, Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, 2009