Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Leslie D. Mireles
Leslie Mireles joined Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP as a Health Policy Analyst in 2023. Ms. Mireles focuses her work on quality improvement programs for the firm’s clients in Louisiana and South Carolina. This work consists of the following:
- Assisting hospitals, clinics, and professional service providers throughout the state in quality improvement efforts and in achieving the program’s long-term goals;
- Researching and analyzing new methods for improving quality of care for the State’s Medicaid patients;
- Assisting providers to prepare materials for reporting achievement of program goals;
- Preparing guidance for providers to use while administering the program;
- Analyzing submissions from providers to ensure consistency with programs; and
- Reporting requirements and working with providers to resolve deficiencies.
Prior to joining Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP, Leslie served as a legislative aid in the Texas House of Representatives and worked as a Licensed Community Health Worker for a Federally Qualified Health Center providing health services to underserved health care populations throughout Austin.
- The University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Arts in Health and Society, 2022
- Certificates in Business of Healthcare and Public Policy
- Rapoport Service Scholar, January 2018 – May 2022
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholar, Fall 2022
- UT Austin Deans Scholar, Spring 2021