Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Matthew F. Briganti
Matt Briganti joined Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP in 2003. He focuses his work on Medicaid reimbursement programs and provides clients with in-depth, individualized financial analysis. Working with data and financial reports from client and government sources, Mr. Briganti assists clients with establishing eligibility to participate in and maintaining compliance with various government reimbursement programs, such as the Texas Medicaid DSH and 1115 Waiver programs. Mr. Briganti also applies strategic methods to assist our clients with appropriately capturing costs to minimize liabilities in Medicaid DSH and Waiver audits. Mr. Briganti’s Medicaid experiene spans several states, enabling him to identify and analyze reimbursement entitlement opportunities. He also provides crucial modeling of reimbursement programs for allocating statewide Medicaid DSH and Waiver funding.
Mr. Briganti has:
- Quantified the reimbursement impact of Medicaid policy changes resulting from regulatory and legislative revisions.
- Developed and implemented technical processes to assist clients in streamlining their internal data for government reporting.
- Analyzed methods and strategies to accurately identify Medicaid and uninsured costs for Medicaid DSH and Waiver audits, to assist in eliminating recoupment liabilities.
- Analyzed the impact on Medicaid DSH and Waiver funding from the consolidation or deconsolidation of hospitals.
- Prepared and directed the filing of more than 500 applications and audits of Medicaid DSH and other supplemental funding programs, including applications for private and public hospitals, as well as for physician groups.
- Successfully appealed erroneous data used by the state to qualify and establish Medicaid DSH funding for several hospitals.
- Assessed aggregate Medicaid reimbursement limits at a statewide level for the development of supplemental Medicaid programs in multiple states.
- Modeled hospital-specific and statewide reimbursement trends to assist clients with financial decision-making, as well as policy advocacy.
- The University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Business Administration, 2003
- Board Member and Treasurer, English at Work, an Austin nonprofit offering workplace classes in English as a second language to local workers (2011–2014).