Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Ronica F. Hutchison
Ronica Hutchison is an associate with Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP. Ms. Hutchison’s practice focuses on advising hospitals and physician groups on various transactional, state and federal regulatory compliance, legislative and reimbursement matters related to their participation in disproportionate share hospital programs, upper payment limit demonstrations, Medicaid managed care directed payment and quality incentive programs, Section 1115 and 1915(b) waivers, and graduate medical education programs. Ms. Hutchison also assists healthcare providers with the development and operation of non-profit organizations that support healthcare access and quality improvement initiatives for low-income populations.
While at the University of Michigan School of Law, Ms. Hutchison interned for the United States Department of Justice’s Civil Division in the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. She also served as the President of the Public Benefits Advocacy Project, where she assisted low-income community members in applying for Medicaid and Medicare benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Before beginning her legal career, Ms. Hutchison served as a Program Associate to the United Nations World Food Programme in Maputo, Mozambique while studying Portuguese as a Boren Scholar under the African Flagship Language Initiative.
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, J.D., 2022
- Managing Symposium Editor, Journal of Law Reform 2021 - 2022
- Legal Services of South Central Michigan, Extern 2022
- Public Benefits Advocacy Project, President 2021 - 2022
- Pediatric Advocacy Clinic, Student Attorney 2021
- University of Louisville, B.A. in Philosophy, History, and Political Science
- Graduated With Honors, Spring 2018
- National Security Education Program (NSEP) David L. Boren Scholarship, 2018 – 2019