Our Team « Back to Team Page » Print This Page
Rudy A. Perales
Rudy Perales joined Gjerset & Lorenz, LLP as an analyst in 2014. Mr. Perales focuses on assisting attorneys to provide analytical support to clients participating in government reimbursement programs. In addition, Mr. Perales provides assistance with the firm's Management Information System and IT support.
Mr. Perales has:
- Analyzed reimbursement impact of Medicaid policy changes resulting from regulatory and legislative proposals and quantified the hospital-specific impact of such changes.
- Assisted providers in forecasting revenues based on analysis of applicable reimbursement caps and the rules governing providers’ entitlement.
- Performed strategic analysis of patient-level data in order to extrapolate information necessary for reporting.
- Analyzed cost calculation methodologies and evaluated impact of alternatives based on federal and state instruction.
- Assisted hospitals to determine amounts to report related to participation in Medicaid disproportionate state hospital (DSH) and other supplemental payment programs, including reporting of uninsured costs, state and local government program revenue, charity care and Medicaid utilization.
- Analyzed the impact on governmental reimbursement from the consolidation or division of hospitals to facilitate hospital decision making.
- Analyzed hospital cost reports to advise clients on costs eligible to include in uncompensated care reporting.
- Projected and assisted clients to budget for charity expenses related to services to the low-income and needy population.
- Texas State University at San Marcos, M.A., Public Administration, 2011
- Texas State University at San Marcos, B.S., 2006
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2004